It is important that you insure the Buildings for their full value as under-insurance may reduce the amount paid in the event of a claim.

You should insure for the full cost of rebuilding the main dwelling house and all outbuildings, including decorations, fixtures and fittings, paved patios, terraces and swimming pools, walls, gates and fences. An amount for site clearance and professional fees must also be included.

Rebuilding costs are not necessarily the same as market value; if in doubt consult a building surveyor or estate agent.