Speak to our friendly team
0117 403 3000


Will I be covered for COVID-19 related holiday home booking cancellations?

Unfortunately not. Our policies offer loss of rent cover, however this is only if the property has suffered material damage due to an insurable peril and is deemed uninhabitable e.g. a fire or flood claim. The insurers we use do not class COVID-19 as an insurable peril.

Can you give me advice related to putting measures in place to let out my home again now restrictions have been eased?

We can’t advise on this, sorry. Please see UK government guidance here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/hotels-and-other-guest-accommodation

Will I be covered if tenants get COVID-19 whilst at my holiday home?

No. Property owner & public liability cover does not extend to infectious or communicable diseases or conditions.

In the event of a claim who would I contact?

If you need to make a claim you will only need to deal with our claims dept. in the UK. The claims department will liaise with loss adjusters if they are required and will keep you fully informed of the progress of your claim.

Will I have liability cover whilst the holiday home is let?

Providing you have informed us the property will be let then you would be covered for liability to guests and persons visiting your property up to £5,000,000.

What amount do I need to insure my home and contents for?

Buildings – It is very important that you insure the buildings for the rebuild cost, which should include the main dwelling, outbuildings, site clearance and professional fees Etc. You should be able to obtain this information from your surveyor or your agent.
Contents – Your contents should be insured for the full replacement cost as your policy is on a “New for old Basis”, with depreciation only being taken into account for items of clothing.

Are the taxes applicable to the insurance for my overseas property included or will we have to pay them separately?

All local taxes are included within the quoted premium and the underwriters are responsible for paying them to the appropriate countries.

Can I increase the insured sums for my holiday home in mid term?

Yes you can change your sums insured, you would only be charged pro-rata for the remaining term of the policy.

If I let my holiday home will I have cover for loss of rent should damage occur to my buildings which is covered under the policy, which results in the property being unable to be lived in?

Yes if you have buildings insurance cover, you will have cover for loss rent up to £25,000 for confirmed bookings made prior to the loss that results in you having to cancel bookings due to the loss/damage to the buildings.

Will the policy you provide cover me for accidental damage to domestic supplies?

Yes, the cost of repairing accidental damage to domestic oil pipes, underground cables, underground water supply and gas pipes for which you are legally responsible. Limit of indemnity £500 in total.

If I sell my holiday home, can I expect to receive any refund for the remaining insurance term?

Yes you may be entitled to a refund depending on how long the insurance has been in force and whether you have made a claim.

Which countries can you offer insurance for?

We offer holiday home insurance for United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Greece and Southern Cyprus.

Can you insure my main residence in Spain?

No we only specialise in holiday home insurance.

I have relocated to France but own a holiday home in the UK, can you insure it?

No, we can only provide holiday home insurance for full time residents of the United Kingdom who own a holiday home / second home in UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Greece or Southern Cyprus.

What is meant by accidental damage insurance cover?

An insurance policy will cover you for loss to your buildings or contents caused by specific perils, which will be shown within your policy wording, however accidental damage cover provides protection for losses that may not have occurred by one of these specific perils. So if you have accidental damage cover included on your insurance policy you may be able still make a valid claim.

Once I have received a quote for my holiday home insurance that I am satisfied with, how quick can I proceed with cover?

All holiday home insurance that we provide can be incepted over the telephone immediately as we do not require completed proposal forms, it is incepted on statement of fact basis.

If my letting agent or solicitors, bank etc require a copy of my insurance, will you charge me for an additional copy?

We are here to provide a service therefore we are more than happy to send a e-mail or post an additional copy of your holiday home insurance documents with out any charge incurred.