Speak to our friendly team
0117 403 3000

Greece Holiday Home Insurance

The Greek mainland and many of the Greek Islands are a particularly popular holiday destination and as a result this has seen many a visitor fall in love with the area and invest in a Greek holiday home.

This increase in demand for holiday homes is understandable, and you can see why everybody wants their own little piece of such a lovely part of Europe. What could be better than a stunning Greek home from home with beautiful scenery and Mediterranean sun, with a friendly welcome from the locals?

The Islands are particularly desirable; with more and more people buying holiday homes in Corfu, Crete, Zakynthos and Rhodes, as visitors return year after year. But there are still so many Greek Islands being discovered as Greek holiday home destinations. Relatively unknown Island Skiathos, received more of a spotlight in popular film ‘Mamma Mia’, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see more Greek holiday homes in those areas.

For many the desire to buy a holiday home in Greece proves hard to resist. With a Greek holiday home purely for your own use while you bask in the Mediterranean sun may mean leaving the property for long periods between visits. Alternatively you may be letting your Greek holiday home for holiday lets to cover some of the outgoings and so require public liability cover for your tenants, protecting you should guests or tenants staying at the property have an unfortunate accident or injury and seek compensation. Either way you require a specialist holiday home insurance and “Insurance for Holiday Homes” can provide a flexible and comprehensive cover to suit your needs.

At “Insurance for Holiday Homes” we understand that looking for holiday home insurance in Greece can be very stressful. The language barrier, especially when it comes to complicated terminology, can become a struggle and it can be very difficult to find out what exactly you’re covered for, or to report a claim if the worst were to happen.

Fortunately “Insurance For Holiday homes” can provide a solution. We are specialists in holiday home insurance abroad, but we operate entirely in the UK. You can call us and speak to our team of advisors in our UK office, claims are reported to our UK claims department and our policy is underwritten at Lloyds of London, one of the Worlds leading insurers.

We built our policy from the ground up 10 years ago with only holiday home owners in mind and we have been improving it year on year. We are proud to maintain a very high level of customer service. Our friendly team are waiting on the other end of the phone to provide a personal and professional service.
Benefits of insuring your Greek holiday home through “Insurance For Holiday Homes”

As a policy holder you will benefit from a comprehensive level of cover, here is a brief outline of the level of insurance cover we can provide.

Buildings Insurance – Loss or damage to the property caused by – fire, lightning, explosion – aircraft – storm – flood – escape of water, and frost damage – impact – falling trees – locating leaking water – accidental breakage to fixed glass, ceramic hobs and sanitary fixtures – riot and malicious damage – theft or attempted theft – plus many more.
Contents Insurance – Loss or damage to the contents caused by – fire, lightning, explosion – aircraft – storm – flood – escape of water, and frost damage – impact – falling trees – accidental damage to mirrors, glass tops and fixed glass in furniture – riot and malicious damage – theft or attempted theft – plus many more.
Your Policy will be underwritten at Lloyd’s of London – one of the world’s largest and most established insurers.
Accidental damage cover, for contents – available with the option to extend accidental damage cover to contents caused by guests
staying at your holiday home.
Accidental damage cover, for buildings – available with the option to extend accidental damage cover to Buildings caused by guests staying at your holiday home.
Loss of rent cover for up-to £35,000 – for pre-booked rentals following a loss covered under the buildings.
Alternative accommodation cover – following loss covered under the buildings.
Legal Liability to the public of £5,000,000 – this is a crucial element of cover for any holiday home owner’s particularly when the home is being let for holiday use, due to the increasing trends to towards litigation.
Accidents to Domestic Staff – cover for bodily injury to domestic staff employed in connection with the insured premises.
Emergency Travel cover – in the event of a serious claim, you can be covered for up to £2,000 if you need to get to the property quickly.
Swimming Pool cover included – cover automatically included under buildings insurance along with Legal Liability to the public.

Reasonable requirements – Due to the increased risk of escape of water, theft, or unnoticed damage that comes with insuring Greek holiday homes as opposed to a main residence, insurers have been known to make unreasonable demands of their clients to validate their policy, which can be found after digging through the small print. However at Insurance For Holiday Homes we are transparent about our simple requirements:

The property must be checked internally once every 60 days – this is to prevent any damage from growing over a long period of time. Most insurers will require this, or ask that all claims must be reported within 60 days of the damage.

Minimum security requirements when contents are insured for more than £30,000 – we ask that all external doors are fitted with five lever deadlocks or the European equivalent, which may include doors with multipoint locking systems and all windows are fitted with key operated locks, or shutters with internal catches.

For anyone wishing to insure a holiday home in Greece, whether on the mainland or an island , we are happy to assist you in any way we can.