Spain Holiday Home Insurance
Spain is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world and has many holiday homeowners all attracted to the Spanish way of life. The boom in cheaper air travel over the past decade has made Spanish holiday homes so much more accessible. Coupled with the prospect of owning a holiday home in such a warm and welcoming climate, with friendly locals, Spain has become extremely attractive for those seeking a property for leisure or retirement.
An influx of British buyers in the Spanish market in the 1990’s helped create a property boom, bringing prices of Spanish properties down. Two main types of buyer were apparent in the Spanish home market. Firstly there were those looking for their ideal retirement home in the sun. But there were those interested in buying a property as a holiday home for their own use and/or to provide income, helping with income costs, in the form of Spanish holiday lets. Whilst the majority of the holiday homes in Spain were on the coast there has been a growing interest in properties away from the traditional Costa’s where buyers can get more value for their money.
A holiday property in Spain has many advantages for the owner. Take for example the flexibility to be able to come and go as you please. It has become very common for holiday homeowners to start holiday lets in Spain. If you do want to take advantage of the desirability of your property and let your holiday home in Spain, “Insurance for Holiday Homes” have this covered in our Spanish holiday home insurance. Your policy will include Public Liability Cover to protect you in case a holiday tenant has an accident or injury within your property.
At “Insurance for Holiday Homes” we understand that looking for holiday home insurance in Spain can be very stressful. The language barrier, especially when it comes to complicated terminology, can become a struggle and it can be very difficult to find out what exactly you’re covered for, or to report a claim if the worst were to happen.
Fortunately “Insurance For Holiday homes” can provide a solution. We are specialists in holiday home insurance abroad, but we operate entirely in the UK. You can call us and speak to our team of advisors in our UK office, claims are reported to our UK claims department and our policy is underwritten at Lloyds of London, one of the Worlds leading insurers.
We built our policy from the ground up 10 years ago with only holiday home owners in mind. We are proud to maintain a very high level of customer service. Our friendly team are waiting on the other end of the phone to provide a personal and professional service
Benefits of insuring your Spanish holiday home through “Insurance For Holiday Homes”
As a policyholder you will benefit from a comprehensive level of cover, we have listed a few levels of cover we offer:
- Buildings Insurance – Loss or damage to the property caused by – fire, lightning, explosion – aircraft – earthquake – storm – flood – escape of water, and frost damage – impact – falling trees – locating leaking water – accidental breakage to fixed glass, ceramic hobs and sanitary fixtures – riot and malicious damage – theft or attempted theft – plus many more.
- Contents Insurance – Loss or damage to the contents caused by – fire, lightning, explosion – aircraft – earthquake – storm – flood – escape of water, and frost damage – impact – falling trees – accidental damage to mirrors, glass tops and fixed glass in furniture – riot and malicious damage – theft or attempted theft – plus many more.
- Your Policy will be underwritten at Lloyd’s of London – one of the world’s largest and most established insurers.
- Accidental damage cover, for contents – available with the option to extend accidental damage cover to contents caused by guests
staying at your holiday home.
- Accidental damage cover, for buildings – available with the option to extend accidental damage cover to Buildings caused by guests staying at your holiday home.
- Loss of rent cover for up-to £35,000 – for pre-booked rentals following a loss covered under the buildings.
- Alternative accommodation cover – following loss covered under the buildings.
- Legal Liability to the public of £5,000,000 – this is a crucial element of cover for any holiday home owner’s particularly when the home is being let for holiday use, due to the increasing trends to towards litigation.
- Accidents to Domestic Staff – cover for bodily injury to domestic staff employed in connection with the insured premises.
- Emergency Travel cover – in the event of a serious claim, you can be covered for up to £2,000 if you need to get to the property quick ly.
- Swimming Pool cover included – cover automatically included under buildings insurance along with Legal Liability to the public.
Due to the increased risk of escape of water, theft, or unnoticed damage that comes with insuring Spanish holiday homes as opposed to a main residence, insurers have been known to make unreasonable demands of their clients to validate their policy, which can be found after digging through the small print. However at Insurance For Holiday Homes we are transparent about our simple requirements:
- The property must be checked internally once every 60 days – this is to prevent any damage from growing over a long period of time. Most insurers will require this, or ask that all claims must be reported within 60 days of the damage.
- Minimum security requirements when contents are insured for more than £30,000 – we ask that all external doors are fitted with five lever deadlocks or the European equivalent, which may include doors with multipoint locking systems and all windows are fitted with key operated locks, or shutters with internal catches.
Whatever the reason for buying a property in Spain it needs to be insured with a company that not only understands the needs of the customer but can also provide a policy giving excellent cover and when it comes to customer service and comprehensive cover “Insurance for Holiday Homes” can deliver.
|Cyprus Holiday Home Insurance|
|France Holiday Home Insurance|
|Greece Holiday Home Insurance|
|Ireland Holiday Home Insurance|