Ireland Holiday Home Insurance

The Republic of Ireland is becoming an attractive destination for those seeking to invest in a holiday home. The country has always been known for its beautiful countryside and wonders. Ireland is a place of great heritage with many historic castles, buildings and cities as well as the famous Giant’s Causeway. But if it’s not the sights that attract holiday homeowners, it’s the culture, the friendly locals with their Irish wit, or traditional local pubs. As a re- sult of this unique culture and iconic scenes, The Republic of Ireland is now attracting many visitors as well as those wishing to make such a desirable country their home.

For many the desire to buy an Irish holiday home in The Republic of Ireland proves hard to resist. There is a strong attraction to having an Irish holiday home for your own use whilst you explore the wonders of the land of 40 shades of green. For this you need an insurance to cover your holiday home when it is unoccupied for long periods of time. Those owning an Irish holiday home, can also use their property for short term Irish holiday lets and need to be safe in the knowledge that they have Public Liability Cover included within their policy. This will protect them should guests or tenants staying at the property have an unfortunate accident or injury and seek compensation from the holiday homeowner.

Fortunately “Insurance For Holiday homes” provide a solution. We are specialists in holiday home insurance both inside and out of the British Isles.

We built our policy from the ground up 10 years ago with only holiday home owners in mind and we have been improving it year on year. We are proud to maintain a very high level of customer service. Our friendly team are waiting on the other end of the phone to provide a personal and professional service.

Benefits of insuring your Irish holiday home through “Insurance For Holiday Homes”

As a policy holder you will benefit from a comprehensive level of cover, here is a brief outline of the level of insurance cover we can provide.

  • Buildings Insurance – Loss or damage to the property caused by – fire, lightning, explosion – aircraft – earthquake – storm – flood – escape of water, and frost damage – impact – falling trees – locating leaking water – accidental breakage to fixed glass, ceramic hobs and sanitary fixtures – riot and malicious damage – theft or attempted theft – plus many more.
  • Contents Insurance – Loss or damage to the contents caused by – fire, lightning, explosion – aircraft – earthquake – storm – flood – escape of water, and frost damage – impact – falling trees – accidental damage to mirrors, glass tops and fixed glass in furniture – riot and malicious damage – theft or attempted theft – plus many more.
  • Your Policy will be underwritten at Lloyd’s of London – one of the world’s largest and most established insurers.
  • Accidental damage cover, for contents – available with the option to extend accidental damage cover to contents caused by guests
    staying at your holiday home.
  • Accidental damage cover, for buildings – available with the option to extend accidental damage cover to Buildings caused by guests staying at your holiday home.
  • Loss of rent cover for up-to £35,000 – for pre-booked rentals following a loss covered under the buildings.
  • Alternative accommodation cover – following loss covered under the buildings.
  • Legal Liability to the public of £5,000,000 – this is a crucial element of cover for any holiday home owner’s particularly when the home is being let for holiday use, due to the increasing trends to towards litigation.
  • Accidents to Domestic Staff – cover for bodily injury to domestic staff employed in connection with the insured premises.
  • Emergency Travel cover – in the event of a serious claim, you can be covered for up to £2,000 if you need to get to the property quickly.
  • Swimming Pool cover included – cover automatically included under buildings insurance along with Legal Liability to the public.

Reasonable requirements

Due to the increased risk of escape of water, theft, or unnoticed damage that comes with insuring Irish holiday homes as opposed to a main residence, insurers have been known to make unreasonable demands of their clients to validate their policy, which can be found after digging through the small print. However at Insurance For Holiday Homes we are transparent about our simple requirements:

  • The property must be checked internally once every 60 days – this is to prevent any damage from growing over a long period of time. Most insurers will require this, or ask that all claims must be reported within 60 days of the damage.
  • Minimum security requirements when contents are insured for more than £30,000 – we ask that all external doors are fitted with five lever deadlocks or the European equivalent, which may include doors with multipoint locking systems and all windows are fitted with key operated locks, or shutters with internal catches.
  • Escape of water requirements between Nov 1st and March 31st – to be covered against escape of water you have 3 options, either turn your water supply off at the stopcock at the first available entry to the home and turn on your hot and cold taps to drain the water from the system. Alternatively you can keep your home heated at a constant 10°c 24 hours a day with any loft hatches left open on a thermostatically controlled system (excluding night storage heating systems). Or if you have a frost stat setting on your heating system, that needs to be set to operate at no less than 4°c.

Whatever your needs are for your holiday home in Ireland, your best option is to get specialist cover that will cater to you. Whether the property is in County Wicklow, Wexford or Sligo “Insurance for Holiday Homes” has the flexible, comprehensive cover you require.