Cyprus Holiday Home Insurance
The third largest Island in the Mediterranean, in close proximity to Syria, Turkey and Lebanon, Cyprus has been a member of the European Union since May 2004. It has now adopted the currency of the Euro and is a particularly desirable holiday destination, with many seeking a Cypriot holiday home in the sun. Unfortunately, we are unable to insure properties in Northern Cyprus, which is Turkish occupied.
Cyprus has a typical Mediterranean climate, warm and dry, with most rainfall between November and March. The Island experiences mild winters and very dry and hot summers. The higher mountain areas are much cooler and moister than the rest of the Island, providing a beautiful surrounding for a holiday home in Cyprus.
Once known as the cradle of western civilization, there are many places of historical interest in Cyprus. Nicosia is the capital and is still ringed by the ancient walls of the city, which you can still walk around and see the museums and mosques, as well as home to the Famagusta gate. However there is room in Cyprus to chill out and have fun, there are many water parks you can visit and relax, or one of many stunning beaches that attract the visitors.
For many the desire to buy a holiday home in Cyprus proves hard to resist. A Cypriot holiday home is a perfect place for you to get away and enjoy the climate and culture the country has to offer, however there may be long periods where you leave the property unoccupied. Alternatively if you’re taking advantage of the desirability of your holiday home in Cyprus by using it as a holiday let, you need to make sure you have Public Liability insurance to protect you should guests or tenants staying at the property have an unfortunate accident or injury and seek recompense from you. Either way you need a specialist home insurance that’s comprehensive and flexible enough for your property.
At “Insurance for Holiday Homes” we understand that looking for holiday home insurance in Cyprus can be very stressful. The language barrier, especially when it comes to complicated terminology, can become a struggle and it can be very difficult to find out what exactly you’re covered for, or to report a claim if the worst were to happen.
Fortunately “Insurance For Holiday homes” can provide a solution. We are specialists in holiday home insurance abroad, but we operate entirely in the UK. You can call us and speak to our team of advisors in our UK office, claims are reported to our UK claims department and our policy is underwritten at Lloyds of London, one of the Worlds leading insurers.
We built our policy from the ground up 10 years ago with only holiday home owners in mind and we have been improving it year on year. We are proud to maintain a very high level of customer service. Our friendly team are waiting on the other end of the phone to provide a personal and professional service.
Benefits of insuring your Cypriot holiday home through “Insurance For Holiday Homes”
As a policy holder you will benefit from a comprehensive level of cover, here is a brief outline of the level of insurance cover we can provide.
- Buildings Insurance – Loss or damage to the property caused by – fire, lightning, explosion – aircraft – storm – flood – escape of water, and frost damage – impact – falling trees – locating leaking water – accidental breakage to fixed glass, ceramic hobs and sanitary fixtures – riot and malicious damage – theft or attempted theft – plus many more.
- Contents Insurance – Loss or damage to the contents caused by – fire, lightning, explosion – aircraft – storm – flood – escape of water, and frost damage – impact – falling trees – accidental damage to mirrors, glass tops and fixed glass in furniture – riot and malicious damage – theft or attempted theft – plus many more.
- Your Policy will be underwritten at Lloyd’s of London – one of the worlds largest and most established insurer’s.
- Accidental damage cover, for contents – available with the option to extend accidental damage cover to contents caused by guests
staying at your holiday home.
- Accidental damage cover, for buildings – available with the option to extend accidental damage cover to Buildings caused by guests staying at your holiday home.
- Loss of rent cover for up-to £35,000 – for pre-booked rentals following a loss covered under the buildings.
- Alternative accommodation cover – following loss covered under the buildings.
- Legal Liability to the public of £5,000,000 – this is a crucial element of cover for any holiday home owner’s particularly when the home is being let for holiday use, due to the increasing trends to towards suing for damages to property or injury.
- Accidents to Domestic Staff – cover for bodily injury to domestic staff employed in connection with the insured premises.
- Emergency Travel cover – in the event of a serious claim, you can be covered for up to £2,000 if you need to get to the property quickly.
Swimming Pool cover included – cover automatically included under buildings insurance along with Legal Liability to the public.
Due to the increased risk of escape of water, theft, or unnoticed damage that comes with insuring Cypriot holiday homes as opposed to a main residence, insurers have been known to make unreasonable demands of their clients to validate their policy, which can be found after digging through the small print. However at Insurance For Holiday Homes we are transparent about our simple requirements:
- The property must be checked internally once every 60 days – this is to prevent any damage from growing over a long period of time. Most insurers will require this, or ask that all claims must be reported within 60 days of the damage.
- Minimum security requirements when contents are insured for more than £30,000 – we ask that all external doors are fitted with five lever deadlocks or the European equivalent, which may include doors with multipoint locking systems and all windows are fitted with key operated locks, or shutters with internal catches.
Whatever the reason for buying a property in Cyprus, it needs to be insured with a company that understands the needs of the clients. If you choose to have a home from home in the Mediterranean sun, you can relax safe in the knowledge you are covered for many eventualities that can arise.